For torrenters who prefer to “see” a tutorial in real-time rather than try to follow some wordy & confusing guide, YouTube offers a goldmine of videos pertaining to BitTorrent tutorials and how-to’s. Everything from ‘Download Torrents on Your PS3′ to ‘Increase µTorrent Speeds’ can be found. The caveat being; as with everything else on YouTube, much of the content leaves a lot to be desired, and guides are no exception - some are horribly amateurish; while others are brilliantly done.
We’ve come up with a collection of YouTube’s “Best of BitTorrent” videos. With almost 500,000 views, here is the #1 Top Viewed BitTorrent Tutorial video on Youtube:
General / Beginner’s Tuts & Videos
While most of these are decent tutorials in their own right, be advised that there are many discrepancies pertaining to specific BitTorrent client settings (i.e uTorrent) that are shown here.
- — How to Boost Your Torrent Download Speeds (BitComet)
- — Utorrent NEW update for version 1.7.7 to go faster
- — Make uTorrent Faster!
- — How To Use Torrents - Download Faster, Safer, without RIAA
- — How To Download and Use Torrents
- — Quick ‘n Dirty utorrent Tutorial (create & upload torrents) - (or this one)
- — Tutorial: How to use BitTorrent and download Torrents
- — How To Download Torrent Files
- — Azureus Tutorial
- — How To Use Torrents (uTorrent)
- — Speed Up Utorrent 1.8 beta
- — Fast and Easy uTorrent Tutorial
- — How To Increase uTorrent Speeds
- — How to create your own torrent using uTorrent
- — Downloading With uTorrent and ThePirateBay
iPod / iPodTouch Torrent Videos
- — How to download Torrents on Ipod Touch
- — Download torrents and convert them on ipod touch
- — Torrentula and iSlsk Working Together on ipod touch
- — How to download Torrents: Watching movies from Torrentula
Download Torrents on Your PS3
- — Downloading Torrents on Your PS3 (1)
- — Download Torrents on PS3 (2)
- — Download Torrents on Your PS3 v.2 (3)
- — Stream torrents directly to your PS3
- — How to Download Free Movies for PS3 part 1
Mac Torrent Videos
- — Torrent Tutorial For New Mac Users
- — Torrents Tutorial (Transmission)
- — How To: Download And Use Torrents (Transmission)
- — Mac Tip: How To Use Transmission
- — Mac Tip: How To Use Azureus
- — Mac - BitTorrent Basics
- — How to install uTorrent on an Intel Mac
BitTorrent & Security
- — Using uTorrent and Peerguardian - Part 1 (Part II)
- — How People are Tracked Using BitTorrent
- — Stay private while surfing the net or using torrents
- — Setting up the ipfilter.dat for utorrent
Others / Misc.
- — Converting *.torrent Files to *.EXE (Torrent2exe.com)
- — BitLet w/ Mininova Tutorial
- — Download Torrents in any Browser (TorrentRelay.com)
- — Play Tetris in uTorrent
- — P2P Explained: How Limewire, uTorrent, iMesh, eMule Works (FSF Recommendation)
Nice Post. I like it .
Keep It Up!
Nice. I won’t have need of it, but this is the first place I’ll come to when someone asks me they want to learn about Torrenting.
although that top video is complete and utter bollocks.
where the hell he came up with those arbitrary numbers i have no idea.
“you must set your port to this [random port number]”
“you must have your connections set to these stupidly high numbers”
and he says you should set your upload speed to 4k/s, but not actually activate the setting. what the fuck?
this guy doesn’t know what the hell he’s on about.
all n_o_o_b guides
Torrent Relay is fantastic, you can download torrents without the need for a client. Works on any device / platform that supports viewing webpages.
1. Install\Update to latest µTorrent build.. (1.8.* or 1.9*) ((µTorrent 2.0 optional))
2. Ensure ports are forwarded for bit torrent.. (non standard port recommended)
3. Options >> Preferences >> Advanced >> bt.transp_disposition set to 255
4. >> Bit Torrent > Protocol Encryption > Outgoing: Forced >> Check Allow Legacy Connections..
5. >> Connection >> Set µTorrent forwarded port..
6. >> General >> Associate µTorrent associations >> Install IPV6
7. Click OK..
8. Go to speed guide >> Set you speed profile appropriately..
9. Vista \ Windows 7 - Start > Run *(win-r)* = services.msc
10. Set IP Helper Service to Automatic and ensure it is started..
11. Restart µtorrent.. Ensure port is forwarded and enjoy..
Highly recommended for security.
sites.google.c0m-site-whitehat2k9-Home-my-programs-utorrent-ipfilter-updater (Easy To Use!)
Utilize an ipfilter.dat or program to limit who can connect to your computer!..
New fork of the PeerGuardian2 project.. ** HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!**
PeerBlock lets you control who your computer “talks to” on the Internet. By selecting appropriate lists of “known bad” computers, you can block communication with advertising or spyware oriented servers, computers monitoring your p2p activities, computers which have been “hacked”, even entire countries! They can’t get in to your computer, and your computer won’t try to send them anything either.
And best of all, it’s free!