courtesy of macguy and sunetti.
Grouping your torrents is an excellent way of keeping things organized. In this tutorial, I will be teaching you how simple it is to get this going. First get a general idea of how you want to group. Some ideas to get you started is grouping by tracker or by different tags such as movies, applications, music etc.
1. Open transmission.
2. Go to GROUPS > Show Groups…
3. Click the PLUS button ( + ) to add a new Group.
4. Type in your preferred group name.
5. (Optional) Color coding your groups is great for finding things visually which is usually quicker but depends on the person.
6. If “Queue Order” is selected then you will notice that “Use Groups” is grayed out. In order to avoid this problem, select any of the options in the red box.
7. Now you can select “Use Groups”
8. You will notice that there aren’t any groups yet… Right click on a torrent and do this (repeat if necessary):
9. (Leopard only) Now you will probably want to hide all the torrents into one group that you assigned it to. Simply click on the triangle to collapse the group:
10. And congrats! You have successfully created your own group/s:
Want your group to display your bandwidth or ratio? Easy!
1. Roll your mouse over the ratio or bandwidth text and click on it.
2. And BOOM! You should get this or vise versa: